Child Safety Commitment
At Lalor Living & Learning Centre we are committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and empowerment of our students, staff, and volunteers. In particular we seek to ensure the safety of any children involved in Centre-related activities. As part of this commitment we have implemented the Victorian Child Safe Standards to help protect children and young people under the age of 18 from child abuse and neglect. Lalor Living & Learning Centre (LLLC) will:
- adhere to LLLC’s child safe policy and commitment;
- perform Working with Children Checks for all identified roles engaged in child related activities and services;
- mandate compliance training for specified roles/functions; taking all reasonable steps to protect children from abuse;
- treat everyone with respect;
- listen and respond to the views and concerns of children;
- promote the cultural safety, participation and empowerment of Aboriginal children, children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and those with a disability
- ensure as far as practicable that adults are not left alone with a child;
- ensure as quickly as possible that the child(ren) are safe if an allegation of child abuse is made;
It is the shared responsibility of the Lalor Living & Learning Centre community to protect children and prevent child abuse and neglect.
Our commitment to the implementation of the Victorian Child Safe Standards and our cultural values seek to promote an environment in which children and their parents or guardians feel confident in discussing any allegations of child abuse or child safety concerns.
Please note that we are still implementing some of the actions and procedures that stem from this Commitment.