Lalor Living & Learning Centre has been providing English language classes to our local community for over 25 years!
We provide a welcoming, professional and caring place for people of all abilities and backgrounds to improve their language skills. We offer:
- informal English conversation courses
- short courses
- nationally accredited courses
- courses to help you improve your reading, writing and speaking skills
- courses for those with some English who feel that their experience of formal schooling didn’t take them far enough and they need to improve their literacy skills.
Nationally accredited English courses
English as an Additional (Second) Language
- 10361NAT Course in Preliminary Spoken & Written English (students with no English)
- 10362NAT Certificate I in Spoken & Written English (students with little English)
- 10363NAT Certificate II in Spoken & Written English (students with some English)
- 10364NAT Certificate III in Spoken & Written English (students with quite good English)
- 22235VIC Certificate I in General Education for Adults (Introductory)
- 22236VIC Certificate I in General Education for Adults
- Literacy for the Workplace
- English for the Workplace
- Living In Australia – English Language Course
- Employment Skills for Job Seekers
- Reading Support
- Spelling, Reading & Writing A & B
- Get into Grammar
- Better Writing
All students enrolling in an accredited course, or an adult English or literacy course, will need to attend a Pre-training Assessment interview (1 hour) in order to be placed in the appropriate level course.
Students may be eligible for a government supported place in these courses. Please contact us for further information about this and fees and charges for your course.
Lalor Living & Learning Centre acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.
If you have any queries about our services or would like to enrol please contact us using the following methods: