Lalor Living & Learning Centre is your Learn Local provider of short courses in English, general literacy and basic computers for adult learners who are not ready for nationally accredited courses. Pre-accredited (or non-accredited) courses are designed as introductory courses to provide pathways to nationally accredited courses. They are generally less hours than accredited courses and participants receive a certificate of participation. Courses are approved by the Victorian Government through the Department of Education (DET).
Our pre-accredited courses are delivered by appropriately qualified professional teachers and we welcome learners from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. See our brochure for more details: 2022 Course Brochure
The Centre offers the following pre-accredited pathway courses:
- Literacy for Learning
- English for the Workplace
- Literacy for the Workplace
- Skills for Work & Study : Early Childhood Education
- Building English Skills for Living and Learning
- English for Living and Working in Australia
- Spelling, Reading & Writing A, B & C
- Get into Grammar
- Welcome to Computers for more information see the Welcome Brochure here
- Intermediate Computers & Word Processing see the Intermediate Brochure
- Using Internet Devices
- Using Social Media
Community members with Australian Permanent Residency may be eligible for Victorian government fee support.
Lalor Living & Learning Centre acknowledges the funding support of the Victorian Government for eligible individuals.